About this flight
The carrier: WindJet
Italian budget airline WindJet flies from ten airports in Italy, three in Russia (Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Rostov), and a smattering of other destinations in Romania, Spain, France and Greece. Forlì and Catania are WindJet's primary bases.
A relatively small budget airline, WindJet is a good way to get to and from Italy.
Forli, the base airport, is good for getting to and from Emilia-Romagna and Sicily.
Limited route map not good for expansive trip planning. Frequent delays.
* Carry-on: One item, up to 7 kg.
* Checked: Up to 20 kg for international flights; 15 kg for national flights. There is a fee of € 7 per piece of checked baggage. Each kilo over is charged at the rate of €8.
* Please visit Windjet’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
Check-in and Ticketing
Check-in at the airport opens 2 hours prior to the flight and closes 40 minutes before departure. Web check-in is also available.
Not recommended if you have connecting flights or are on a tight schedule.more...
Departure: Catania, Italy - Fontanarossa (CTA)
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport or "Aeroporto di Catania-Fontanarossa" is the busiest airport in Sicily.
Catania-Fontanarossa Airport is located 5 kilometers (3 miles) south of Catania, the second largest city on the Italian island of Sicily.
•Bus: A shuttle bus service provides transport into Catania city center and the Central Train Station, while scheduled bus services to other parts of the island are also available direct from the airport.
•Taxi: Travelers can take a taxi from the terminal building into the city or beyond, with popular locations including nearby Syracuse, Palermo, and Marsala.
This airport offers a shopping center and newsstand as well as restaurants and bars. Also, there is a flight information office, currency exchange, nursery, and bus ticket office.more...
Arrival: Verona, Italy - Verona-Villafranca (VRN)
Verona Airport, also known as Valerio Catullo Villafranca International Airport or simply Verona-Villafranca Airport, is an airport serving Verona, Italy.
Verona Airport is situated in the middle of the provinces of Brescia, Mantua, Rovigo, Vicenza, Trento, Bolzano and Verona, serving a population of more than four million.
•Rail: Trains are available for access to Verona's airport. For the train schedule visit the Trenitalia Site.
•Bus: The Aerobus service runs to and from the airport and main railway station and is available all day every 20 minutes.
•Taxi: Taxis are located outside the air terminal, arrivals hall.
Within the airport, travelers can find numerous shops, cafes and restaurants. Internet is accessible inside the airport. Other facilities include a bank, ATM, pharmacy, and chapel.more...
Other flights between these cities
- Catania, Italy - Fontanarossa (CTA) to Bologna, Italy - Guglielmo Marconi (BLQ) on WindJet
- Catania, Italy - Fontanarossa (CTA) to Milan, Italy - Orio Al Serio (BGY) on WindJet
- Catania, Italy - Fontanarossa (CTA) to Parma, Italy (PMF) on WindJet
- Catania, Italy - Fontanarossa (CTA) to Venice, Italy - Marco Polo (VCE) on WindJet
There are no other airports within 110km (68 miles) of Catania, Italy - Fontanarossa (CTA)
- Bologna, Italy - Guglielmo Marconi (BLQ) - 103km (64 miles)
- Brescia, Italy - Montichiari (VBS) - 51km (32 miles)
- Milan, Italy - Orio Al Serio (BGY) - 103km (64 miles)
- Parma, Italy (PMF) - 87km (54 miles)
- Treviso, Italy - Sant'Angelo Treviso (TSF) - 97km (60 miles)
- Venice, Italy - Marco Polo (VCE) - 107km (66 miles)