Belfast City Apt (BHD)
- Distance to Belfast city center: 5 km (3
- Low cost carriers served: 3
- Website: belfastcityairport.com
About this airport
George Best Belfast City Airport was formerly known as Belfast City Airport until 2006 when it was named after George Best, the famous footballer associated with East Belfast. The airport is currently a major base for the low-cost carrier Flybe. Flybe began operations at the airport in 1993 and as of now is the largest operate at Belfast City.
George Best Belfast City Airport is located three km (two miles) east of Belfast.
• Rail: A shuttle bus service operates between the airport and the adjacent rail station at Sydenham. The Translink service operates twice hourly to Central and Vicetoria street (Mon-Fri). The service is hourly after 6 p.m. and on (Sat-Sun). Connections are available from Central Station to the rest of the rail network in Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic. For detailed information on the schedule and corresponding rates consult the Northern Ireland Railway Website.
• Bus: Flexibus, which is part of Translink, operates the Airlink that runs every 20 minutes from the Airport terminal to the Belfast Europa Bus Center located in the city center. For more information consult the Translink Website. Also, the "Airporter" service operates daily to Londonderry. Consult the Airporter Official Website for more information.
• Taxi: Taxis can be found at the taxi rank which is located outside the main terminal building.
In the airport there are a few cafes, restaurants, and shops. ATMs and wireless internet can be found throughout the airport. Other facilities include a currency exchange, parenting room, and first aid.