Edinburgh International (Turnhouse) (EDI)
- Distance to Edinburgh city center: 11 km (7
- Low cost carriers served: 11
- Website: edinburghairport.com
- Edinburgh International (Turnhouse) (EDI)
About this airport
Edinburgh Airport, sometimes referred to as "Turnhouse", was the busiest airport in Scotland in 2007 and is a hub for easyJet, flyglobespan and Ryanair.
Edinburgh Airport is located 12 km (eight miles) west of Edinburgh.
• Rail: Most train services operate from Edinburgh Haymarket station which is found on the main bus route between the airport and city center.
• Bus: Public bus services stop outside the Arrivals Halls. More information on both Lothian Bus services can be found at the flybybus company's Website. Also, the express service operates daily.
• Taxi: At Edinburgh Airport there are three taxi ranks available. One of them operates solely based on pre-booked reservations while the other two are for companies that serve the airport. Usually, a journey to and from the city center and airport takes roughly 25 minutes. The 'black cab' rank is available by the coach stations while others are available outside the Arrivals Hall.
Service: In the airport there are numerous shops and restaurants. Several internet stations are available. In addition, there are play areas for children, entertainment facilities, and baby changing rooms.