Glasgow International (GGW)
- Distance to Glasgow city center: 6230 km (3,871
- Low cost carriers served: 0
- Glasgow International (GGW)
About this airport
Glasgow International Airport or "Port-adhair Eadar-nàiseanta Ghlaschu", formally known as Glasgow Abbotsinch Airport, serves as the hub for budget airline easyJet.
Glasgow International Airport is located 13 km (eight miles) west of Glasgow.
• Rail: The best way to obtain rail access to the airport is by taking a local bus or taxi to The Gilmour Street rail station in Paisley, a town located three km from the airport. Trains from here run to and from Glasgow Central station as well as Ayr and Clyde Coast. For more information on specific schedules and rates, consult the National Rail Official Website.
• Bus: The Glasgow Flyer bus service runs to and from the airport and city center on a 24-hour schedule. For more information consult the company's Website. Frequent bus service is also available to other destinations including the Glasgow city center. To make sure you get on a line serving the airport, see that the bus has an 'airportlink' logo displayed. The journey into town takes approximately 25 minutes.
• Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport 24-hours a day and are metered. Longer distance prices may be negotiated with the taxi driver.
Wireless Internet access is available throughout the airport for a fee. There is a currency exchange, ATMs, a post office, and telephones which have e-mail and fax capabilities. The restaurants, cafes, and bars are mostly on the first floor. Shopping options include duty-free as well. Other features include a pharmacy, baby care facilities, and play areas.