Saint-Exupéry International Airport (LYS)
- Distance to Lyon city center: 20 km (12
- Low cost carriers served: 3
- Website: lyon.aeroport.fr
- Saint-Exupéry International Airport (LYS)
About this airport
Saint-Exupéry International Airport or "Aéroport Lyon Saint-Exupéry," formerly known as "Lyon Satolas Airport," is named after the French writer and pilot Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, a native of Lyon. This airport is an important transport facility for the entire Rhône-Alpes region.
Saint-Exupéry International Airport is located in Colombier-Saugnieu, 20 kilometers (12 miles) to the east of Lyon.
• Rail: Trains run from the airport’s TGV station and serve some 15 cities in France and northern Italy daily. For detailed information on rates and times (for trains within France), check the official rail website.
• Bus: Several buses, operated by charter company Altibus, offer transportation to and from 34 mountain resorts in the region. Visit the airport’s shuttle information website for more info.
• Taxi: A taxi station is located in front of Terminal 1. The taxis operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Fare information can be found at this website.
Airport facilities include an exchange office and a post office in the central building. Bars, restaurants and many shops are also located in the central area. This airport also features a wide variety of services including a pharmacy, baby changing room, places of worship, a 24-hour medical center, a dry cleaning service, an electronic equipment recharging station, Internet access and even showers.