Varna International (VAR)
- Distance to Varna city center: 7 km (5
- Low cost carriers served: 4
- Website: varna-airport.bg
- Varna International (VAR)
About this airport
Varna International Airport serves the coastal city of Varna, which is known as Bulgaria's most important port city.
Varna International Airport is located 7.5 km (5 miles) west of Varna.
• Bus: Be aware that the bus station in front of the Terminal 1 "Departures" area is the drop of point for buses coming from the city only. In order to catch a bus into the city or to the seaside resorts, travelers must go to the stop located in front of the VIP hall. All buses operate every 15 minutes.
• Taxi: The main taxi rank is located in front of Terminal 1 "International Arrivals." It is highly recommended that travelers pay close attention to the price as quoted per kilometer. The journey takes about 15 minutes, depending on traffic.
At Varna Airport travelers can visit the building’s four coffee bars (Good morning Varna!). There are a couple of duty free shops located in Terminal 3 and Terminal 4. The airport also contains a currency exchange and has ample security.