Warsaw Frederic Chopin (Okecie) (WAW)
- Distance to Warsaw city center: 9 km (6
- Low cost carriers served: 7
- Website: lotnisko-chopina.pl
About this airport
Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport, formerly Okecie International Airport, is named after the famous Polish composer and former Warsaw resident, Frederic Chopin. However, the former name (Okecie) remains in common use to this day. It is Poland's busiest airport, handling almost half of the country's air traffic.
Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport is located 9 km (6 miles) from the Warsaw city center.
• Bus: The bus stops are located outside the Arrivals Hall. The Intercity Polski Express provides direct bus connections to 30 towns and tickets can be purchased on board from the driver. For more detailed information on rates and fares check the website. MZA City Buses #175 and 188 serve Warsaw, including the train station, and the Old Town during the day, while night bus N32 provides a link to the central railway station overnight. For more information on the MZA buses consult the website. Most journey times take approximately 30 minutes.
• Taxi: The taxi stand is located in front of the Arrivals Hall.
Aside from a few information and tourism desks, the airport has a number of restaurants, shops and cafes. Duty-free shopping is also available. Other services include Wireless Internet access, a post office, currency exchange, medical center (with first-aid), baby changing facilities, and a chapel. Travelers can also enjoy a view on the airport's observation deck.