12 Osborn Street, Aldgate East, London, United Kingdom star
Doubles from: $128
Check Rates for City HotelChecking Rates for City HotelNo availability
The three-star City Hotel is a comfortable business-class property in the heart of The City. Each of its 110 rooms offer air conditioning, coffee and tea facilities, a safe, flat-screen TV and phone. The hotel has an elevator.
• Ample and immaculate guest rooms. In a town where closet-sized rooms are not uncommon, it’s worth noting when guests rave about spacious rooms. (They also praise the hotel's cleanliness, and some give extra points for style.)
• Central “The City” location. With a Tube stop just down the street and plenty of major attractions within walking distance, the hotel is well-placed for exploring London.
• Solid value. While not particularly cheap, The City Hotel offers decent rates for London, especially compared with other hotels in its pricey vicinity.
• Noise can be an issue here. Guests complain of noise from other guests, but the major issue is that the ground-floor pub can sometimes be raucous and carry upstairs (request a higher-floor or back room and you should be fine).
• Breakfast is not included, but a full English spread is available for an additional charge.
• Wi-Fi costs extra (as is the case in many business hotels).
A hub of London history, The City today is primarily a business district. That means lots of eateries and attractions by day, but you’ll have to head elsewhere for nightlife. Still, the City Hotel is located a few blocks from a Tube stop, the Tower of London and the famous curry mecca, Brick Lane. St. Paul’s Cathedral, the Globe Theatre and Houses of Parliament are all within a 30-minute walk.
• Tube: The hotel is located just steps from the Aldgate East stop, which provides access to the Circle, District and Hammersmith lines. A few steps farther and you can catch the Metropolitan line at the Aldgate stop.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the City Hotel and have included it in our London guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
Read Verified Reviews from our Partners
- City tour
- Conference room
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Free Newspapers
- Groups welcome
- Internet Station
- Laundry Service
- Luggage Storage
- Meals for groups
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Recently renovated
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Room Service
- Safe at reception
- Tourist information
- TV Lounge
- Wake-Up Service
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom: Private
- Internet Access
- Mini fridge
- TV – flat screen
12 Osborn Street, Aldgate East
The City, London, United Kingdom
About the City Hotel neighborhood
The historic center of London, the City is the financial center of London and the UK. The neighborhood is home to St. Paul’s Cathedral, the College of Arms and the Central Criminal Court ("Old Bailey"). Though centrally located, tourists will have to venture outside the area for nightlife and decent food after the suits go home.