71 Shepherds Bush Road, London, United Kingdom
Doubles from: $108
Note: This hotel does not offer online booking through our reservation partners. To see all available hotels in London, please search below.
Situated in 19th-century building outside of Kensington, the family-run Dalmacia Hotel ticks all the Cheapo boxes, offering friendly service, a convenient location and reasonable rates. Its 15 three-star rooms come with a private bathroom, fan, coffee maker, safe, flat-screen TV and hair dryer.
• Spacious, clean rooms. Rooms are ample (for London), and guests report that they are spotless, if a tad worn.
• Unique and convenient location. Although situated a bit outside the usual London spots, the Dalmacia provides easy access to central London, plus proximity to interesting restaurants and music venues.
• Fantastic staff. Guests rave about the friendly, helpful service provided at the hotel.
• Noise can be an issue because the Dalmacia is located on a main thoroughfare. Ask for a room at the back, and pack earplugs.
• Breakfast is sometimes included in the room rate (check when booking). Otherwise it’s £4 for a continental breakfast and £7 for a full English breakfast. It’s not the cheapest in town, but guests report that it’s delicious.
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout, although some guests report that it’s not the best connection.
• The hotel does not have an elevator (and does have lots of steep stairs).
• A credit card surcharge applies (bring cash if possible).
The Dalmacia Hotel is not in the heart of the action, but it’s easily connected to central London by Tube. And the residential neighborhood is home to a variety of interesting eateries, as well as the BBC TV Center and popular music venues like the Apollo Hammersmith and Shepherd’s Bush Empire.
• Tube: There are two Hammersmith Tube stops within a 10-minute walk of the Dalmacia, providing access to the District, Piccadilly, Circle and Hammersmith lines.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Dalmacia Hotel and have included it in our London guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Bathroom: Private
- Cable TV
About the Dalmacia Hotel neighborhood
Situated between Notting Hill and South Kensington, Kensington is affluent territory. It's home to Kensington Palace, the upscale shops of Kensington High Street, and stately townhouses. Budget accommodations can be hard to come by, though there are a few delightful exceptions to this rule.