Gower House Hotel
57 Gower Street, Camden, London, United Kingdom star
Doubles from: $92 to $283
Check Rates for Gower House HotelChecking Rates for Gower House HotelNo availability
The Gower House Hotel may not be the lap of luxury, but this family-run two-star B&B has the everything a budget travel needs: central location, friendly service and affordable rates. Its 14 compact but tidy rooms are equipped with coffee and tea facilities, a TV and free Wi-Fi. Some rooms have private bathrooms and the cheapest share facilities. The hotel does not have an elevator.
• Good value. The Gower House is basic, but its affordable rates and brilliant Bloomsbury location make it a good deal.
• Clean, if dated, rooms. Guest rooms at the Gower House are compact but tidy. They may feel a bit scuffed and dated, but they do the trick (and a few guests parise the comfy beds).
• Noise from the street and other guests can be an issue here. Ask for an upper-floor room (if you’re okay with climbing stairs) for less street noise, and consider packing earplugs.
• Convenient location. With a ton of museums in the area and a whopping four Tube stops within a 10-minute walk, the Gower House is ideally placed for exploring London.
• Some shared bathrooms. The cheapest rooms have a sink only and share bathrooms down the hall. Guests report that bathrooms (share or private) are quite small but squeaky clean.
• Breakfast is included in the room rate.
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.
• No elevator (pack lightly!).
Gower Street is lined with hotels, and there’s a reason why: This is a primo location for exploring London. The Gower House is situated within steps of Russell Square, the University of London, British Library, British Museum and a slew of other museums and sights, with everything else an easy Tube ride away.
• Tube: Four (yes, four!) Tube stops are located within a 10-minute walk of the hotel. Catch the Northern line at Goodge Street, just a block away, or head south for the Central line at Tottenham Court Road. To the north, Warren Street provides access to the Northern and Victoria lines, or you can pop on the Circle, Hammersmith or Metropolitan lines at Euston Square.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Gower House Hotel and have included it in our London guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Breakfast Included
- Concierge/Booking Services
- Luggage Storage
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Alarm Clock
- Bathroom: Private
- Bathroom: Shared
- Cable TV
- Coffee/Tea Maker
- Hair Dryer
- TV – flat screen
- Writing desk
57 Gower Street, Camden
Bloomsbury, London, United Kingdom
About the Gower House Hotel neighborhood
Leafy Bloomsbury is centered around Russell Square, north of Piccadilly Circus and the West End, and boasts the British Museum, University of London, and Georgian townhouse-lined streets. Budget-friendly B&Bs line Gower Street, just west of the University.