Kensington Suite Hotel
128 Holland Road, London, United Kingdom star
Doubles from: $53 to $417
Check Rates for Kensington Suite HotelChecking Rates for Kensington Suite HotelNo availability
The lap of luxury it ain’t, but the three-star Kensington Suite Hotel is a solid value in a pricey neighborhood. Each of its 40 air-conditioned guest rooms offers a private bathroom, flat-screen TV, minibar and phone, and kitchenettes (toaster, microwave, fridge and coffeemaker) make them an especially good deal for self-catering guests.
• Excellent value. The Kensington Suite Hotel offers very low rates for this coveted neighborhood, making it a great deal for unfussy guests looking for a central, cheap sleep.
• Teensy rooms with good facilities. “Suite” might be the wrong word to describe these minuscule rooms, but a fridge and microwave offer added value, and guests report that rooms are very clean.
• Some guest complaints. Guests primarily complain about room size and noise (both common problems in hotels throughout London. Some also say that the bathrooms don’t have the best ventilation, and a few mention that their rooms did not have a microwave (ask ahead if this is important).
• Elevator. Elevators can be hard to come by in London, especially in budget hotels, so for heavy packers or those with mobility issues this is a definite perk.
• Breakfast is included in the room rate. Guests complain that it’s basic and the breakfast room is small (but hey, it’s free).
• Extra charges. The Kensington Suites Hotel charges extra for Internet access and luggage storage.
• Wi-Fi is available for an additional charge in the public areas.
Location is the Kensington Suite Hotel’s best asset. Upscale Kensington is not known for affordable hotels, but this budget baby offers easy access to Holland Park, Kensington High Street, Notting Hill and a number of Tube lines. Kensington Palace, Hyde Park and Earl’s Court are all within a half-hour walk.
• Tube: The Kensington Suite Hotel is a five-minute walk from the Kensington Olympia stop on the London Overground line, as well as the Shepherd’s Bush stop on the Central line.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Kensington Suite Hotel and have included it in our London guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
Read Verified Reviews from our Partners
- Concierge/Booking Services
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Groups welcome
- Guest Kitchen
- Internet Station
- Laundry Service
- Luggage Storage
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Safe at reception
- TV Lounge
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom: Private
- Cable TV
- Extra bed
- Internet Access
- Iron available
- Mini fridge
- TV – flat screen
128 Holland Road
Kensington, London, United Kingdom
About the Kensington Suite Hotel neighborhood
Situated between Notting Hill and South Kensington, Kensington is affluent territory. It's home to Kensington Palace, the upscale shops of Kensington High Street, and stately townhouses. Budget accommodations can be hard to come by, though there are a few delightful exceptions to this rule.