25 Matheson Road, London, United Kingdom star
Doubles from: $127
Check Rates for Kensington WestChecking Rates for Kensington WestNo availability
The two-star Hotel Kensington West is your standard budget hotel, offering 40 compact guest rooms with a private bathroom, TV and free Wi-Fi. The hotel has an elevator and is situated, as its name suggests, in West Kensington.
• Affordable rates. The Hotel Kensington West offers decent rates and, given its location and service, is an all-around solid value.
• Clean, small, rooms. Although they are pint-sized (London standard), rooms are clean and comfortable.
• Some guest complaints. Guests gripe about the cramped room size, thin walls, and dearth of sockets in the rooms, but those looking for a reliable budget bed find the Hotel Kensington West to be a good value.
• Free coffee and tea are available throughout the day in the lobby (and a "Premiere Breakfast Pack" is available for an additional charge).
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.
• The hotel has an elevator (a rarity in the London budget hotel scene).
The hotel is situated on the western edge of Kensington (in the neighborhood known as “West Kensington”), a short walk from Kensington High Street. Hyde Park and Kensington Palace are within a 30-minute walk, and everything else is easily accessible by Tube.
• Tube: The hotel is located within an eight-minute walk of both the Kensington Olympia (London Overground line) and West Kensington (District line) Tube stops.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Kensington West and have included it in our London guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Breakfast Extra Charge
- Concierge/Booking Services
- Luggage Storage
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Safe at reception
- Tourist information
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Bathroom: Private
- Cable TV
- Hair Dryer
- Writing desk
25 Matheson Road
Kensington, London, United Kingdom
About the Kensington West neighborhood
Situated between Notting Hill and South Kensington, Kensington is affluent territory. It's home to Kensington Palace, the upscale shops of Kensington High Street, and stately townhouses. Budget accommodations can be hard to come by, though there are a few delightful exceptions to this rule.