235 West 107th Street, New York, United States
Doubles from: $90 to $155
Note: This hotel does not offer online booking through our reservation partners. To see all available hotels in New York, please search below.
Housed in a historic brownstone on a quiet Upper West Side Street, the Morningside Inn offers affordable one-star digs, with or without a private bathroom. “Budget” rooms are very budget, with shared bathrooms. “Deluxe” rooms are equipped with a private bath, television, phone and air conditioning. Other perks include a lounge, elevator, guest kitchen and mini-fridges (in all rooms).
• Solid value. The Morningside Inn is strictly no frills, but it’s very cheap, especially if you’re willing to share a bathroom (although private rooms are also affordable).
• Small, simple and clean rooms. Guests complain that rooms are small (which is typical in New York) and some say they are dingy. Many others, on the other hand, report that they are quite clean, especially the Deluxe rooms which benefit from daily maid service.
• A guest kitchen and mini-fridges in all rooms provide added value for guests looking to keep it cheap by eating some meals in.
• Air conditioning is only available in Deluxe rooms. Budget rooms have a ceiling fan.
• Free Wi-fi is available throughout (although guests complain that it's patchy).
The Morningside Inn’s Upper West Side location gives guests a good chance to “live like a local.” The residential neighborhood is quiet and convenient, with easy access to Central Park as well as the lovely Riverside Park, Morningside Park and Columbia University’s gorgeous campus. All the other major New York sights are an easy subway ride away.
• Subway: The Morningside Inn is within a five-minute walk of the Cathedral Heights and 103rd Street stations, both of which are serviced by the 1 train.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Morningside Inn and have included it in our New York guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom: Private
- Cable TV
About the Morningside Inn neighborhood
Located west of Central Park, the Upper West Side is a largely residential area, filled with tall apartment buildings, stately brownstones, and families. The area is home to Lincoln Center, the American Museum of Natural History, and Columbia University. One of its greatest attributes may be its borders: you're never more than a few blocks away from either Central Park or leisurely Riverside Park. Famous Harlem, whose importance as a historically African-American neighborhood cannot be matched, begins north of Morningside Heights. Despite its dangerous reputation, Harlem has become much safer... and much more popular with tourists.