Royal Park Hotel & Hostel
258 W 97th Street, New York, United States star
Doubles from: $60 to $319
Check Rates for Royal Park Hotel & HostelChecking Rates for Royal Park Hotel & HostelNo availability
The Royal Park Hotel and Hostel is a very basic two-star property offering 72 no-frills rooms in a quiet and convenient Upper West Side location. Rooms are equipped with a fan and sometimes air conditioning. The hotel has an elevator.
• Cheap and basic. The hotel’s low rates correlate with super-simple, super-small accommodations and few amenities.
• Quiet and convenient location, removed from, but with easy access to, the chaos of Midtown.
• Shared bathrooms may not be the cleanest and may often have a wait. Spring for a room with a private bath, which are still affordable (and sometimes even cheaper).
• Some guest complaints. Guests complain that the hotel is a little dingy and can be noisy. That said, guests who go in expecting a simple but clean and cheap place to stay are not disappointed.
• Air conditioning is only offered in rooms with private bathrooms, which could be a problem for those in other rooms during a steamy New York summer.
• Free Wi-Fi is available in the public areas.
The Upper West Side gives a good feel for the “real” New York. The Royal Park Hotel and Hostel is located less than two blocks from pretty Riverside Park and a short walk from both Central Park (to the east) and Columbia University (to the north). Nearby Broadway offers a variety of excellent eating and drinking options.
• Subway: The 1/2/3 lines stop at 96th Street and Broadway, just a block from the Royal Park.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Royal Park Hotel & Hostel and have included it in our New York guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Concierge/Booking Services
- Currency Exchange
- Fax Machine
- Luggage Storage
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Swimming Pool
- Wi-Fi: Free
- AC Available
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom: Private
- Bathroom: Shared
- Cable TV
- Linen Included
258 W 97th Street
Upper West Side to Harlem, New York, United States
About the Royal Park Hotel & Hostel neighborhood
Located west of Central Park, the Upper West Side is a largely residential area, filled with tall apartment buildings, stately brownstones, and families. The area is home to Lincoln Center, the American Museum of Natural History, and Columbia University. One of its greatest attributes may be its borders: you're never more than a few blocks away from either Central Park or leisurely Riverside Park. Famous Harlem, whose importance as a historically African-American neighborhood cannot be matched, begins north of Morningside Heights. Despite its dangerous reputation, Harlem has become much safer... and much more popular with tourists.