Al Ponte del Papa
Via Aurelia 62, Rome, Italy
Doubles from: $43 to $189
Note: This hotel does not offer online booking through our reservation partners. To see all available hotels in Rome, please search below.
Check Rates for Rome Hotels
Situated just minutes from the Vatican, the Al Ponte del Papa is a cozy and affordable B&B, offering three comfortable rooms with shared or private bathrooms. It’s an unassuming spot, but the rates are as welcoming as the service, and each room is equipped with coffee and tea facilities, a fan (no A/C), TV, phone and free Wi-Fi. There is no elevator in the building.
• Great value. The Al Ponte del Papa is a great deal, thanks to low rates, a great location and clean, comfortable rooms.
• Homey feel and friendly service. Guests invariable rave about the cheerful, friendly staff and cozy vibe.
• Some noise issues. Rooms pick up a good amount of street noise (pack earplugs).
• Shared bathrooms. One double room has a private bathroom and the other two (a double and a triple/quad) share a bathroom in the hall.
• Breakfast is included in the room rate (it’s self-serve and basic).
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.
• No elevator. The hotel is located on the second floor of a building without an elevator, so be prepared to climb some stairs to reach it.
• No air conditioning. The hotel is not air conditioned, but fans are provided.
• Can be difficult to find. Guests advise to look for the address, as the hotel's only sign is a small one above the buzzer.
• Limited reception hours. Note that, as is often the case in Rome, check-in hours are limited (11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.). Contact the hotel in advance to make arrangements if you're arriving outside of those times.
The Vatican and Prati neighborhood is not exactly lively, but the Al Ponte del Papa places you a hop, skip and a prayer outside the limits of Vatican City, within a few minutes stroll of St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel. Castel Sant’ Angelo is about 30 minutes away on foot and all of Rome is easily accessible via bus.
• Metro: The closest metro stop (Villa Aurelia/line A) is about a 20-minute walk from the hotel, but taking bus line 64 to the Porta Cavalleggeri stop will place you within a few minutes walk.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Al Ponte del Papa and have included it in our Rome guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Reception: 24-Hour
About the Al Ponte del Papa neighborhood
Located across the Tiber River, the Vatican and Prati are unquestionably majestic. St. Peter's Basilica is the focal point of the Vatican, which is the world's only neighborhood that's also a nation. The Vatican and Prati area is pleasant, with tree-lined streets, wide boulevards, and newer buildings. This is a great area to stay, as hotel rates are often lower, hotel rooms bigger, and nights quieter than in other Roman neighborhoods. The area is two stops on the subway from Piazza di Spagna.