Viale degli Ammiragli 67, Rome, Italy
Doubles from: $58 to $250
Note: This hotel does not offer online booking through our reservation partners. To see all available hotels in Rome, please search below.
Check Rates for Rome Hotels
The teensy Bed and Breakfast RomaVaticano won’t be for everyone, but unfussy travelers on the hunt for a cheap and convenient bed will find that this guesthouse does the trick. Its three simple guest rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a satellite TV with DVD player, safe and free Wi-Fi. They share a balcony and two bathrooms.
• Clean and cheap rooms. Although rooms at the RomaVaticano are relatively simple and may feel a bit worn, they are very inexpensive and have the usual amenities, plus a good amount of space.
• Best for self-catering guests. This is more a residence experience than a hotel. There is no 24-hour reception (in fact, some guests complain that it’s difficult to find someone when checking in), and the services are minimal. Check in ahead of time to alert the management of your expected arrival time.
• Balcony and great views of St. Peter’s Dome. The balcony is shared by all guest rooms and is a great place for relaxing and taking in the city.
• Shared bathrooms. There are two bathrooms that are shared between the three rooms. The one with a bathtub is preferable to the one with an Italian-style drain (no divider to keep water from wetting the the floor).
• Breakfast is included in the room rate (it’s self-serve and very basic).
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.
• Elevator. The hotel is located on the seventh floor of the building, with elevator access.
• Charges and arrival quirks. Note that guests must pay the full amount on arrival, and there is a surcharge for credit card transactions. Check-in times are from 2 p.m. until 8 p.m., with an additional €10 charged for arrival after 8 p.m. The management requests that guests communicate their expected arrival time in advance, along with a contact number.
• Metro: The hotel is located about three minutes from the Cipro/Musei Vaticani stop, on the A line.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the RomaVaticano and have included it in our Rome guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- City tour
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Groups welcome
- Hair Dryer – at reception
- Luggage Storage
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Pet Friendly
- Shuttle service
- Tourist information
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Balconies/Terraces Available
- CD player
- DVD player
- Extra bed
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access
- Rooms with view
- TV – flat screen
Viale degli Ammiragli 67
Vatican & Prati, Rome, Italy
About the RomaVaticano neighborhood
Located across the Tiber River, the Vatican and Prati are unquestionably majestic. St. Peter's Basilica is the focal point of the Vatican, which is the world's only neighborhood that's also a nation. The Vatican and Prati area is pleasant, with tree-lined streets, wide boulevards, and newer buildings. This is a great area to stay, as hotel rates are often lower, hotel rooms bigger, and nights quieter than in other Roman neighborhoods. The area is two stops on the subway from Piazza di Spagna.