Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy
Doubles from: $35 to $184
Note: This hotel does not offer online booking through our reservation partners. To see all available hotels in Rome, please search below.
Situated in a traditional Roman palazzo a block from Piazza Indipendenza, the Hotel Romae offers affordable three-star comfort. Each of its 37 well-appointed guest rooms offers air conditioning, a private bathroom, satellite TV, a phone, safe, minibar and free Wi-Fi. The hotel has a lounge and an elevator.
• Spotless rooms with (tiny) bathrooms. Rooms at the Hotel Romae are rather standard (a few guests say they are a bit tired), but they are perfectly clean and comfortable. Many guests comment on the minuscule private bathrooms and showers (a common issue in Rome).
• Easy Termini Station location. The hotel is wall situated for exploring Rome, and many guests also mention the abundance of restaurants and cafés in the vicinity.
• Great value. The Hotel Romae’s rates are neither the most expensive nor the cheapest in the neighborhood, but for the friendly service and convenient location, they present a solid value for travelers looking for a bit more than the basics.
• Breakfast is not included in the room rate but may be purchased at the hotel's "Yellow Bar" across the street.
• Lounge and courtyard. The "Rainbow Room" lounge offers free Internet access, a complimentary "drinks station," falt-screen TV and travel books and newspapers. There is also a small garden area.
• Noise. Rooms pick up some noise from the street and other guests (pack earplugs).
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.
Situated a two-minute walk from Termini Station, the Hotel Romae is well placed for exploring the eternal city. Many guests mention the restaurants and cafés near the hotel, and several attractions, including Piazza della Repubblica, Santa Maria Maggiore and Piazza Barberini are within a 20-minute stroll.
• Metro: Termini Station is minutes from the hotel and provides access to both the A and B lines, as well as a number of buses.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Romae and have included it in our Rome guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Breakfast Included
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV
About the Romae neighborhood
The largely residential area north of Stazione Centrale Termini is both convenient and affordable. Trains heading to Fumincino airport and across Italy depart from this massive station, the front of which is also a major bus and metro stop. Although not the most picturesque neighborhood in central Rome, lots of hotel competition can often mean good rates. The area is always crowded and sometimes a little seedy.