Via Varese 5, Rome, Italy
Doubles from: $58 to $208
Note: This hotel does not offer online booking through our reservation partners. To see all available hotels in Rome, please search below.
Check Rates for Rome Hotels
Travelers in search of a cheap bed in a convenient location can consider the Lucky House B&B their Italian four-leaf clover. Yes, this place is basic, but the low rates and spacious, clean rooms make this humble property a solid value. Rooms have private or shared bathrooms. All five offer a safe, flat-screen TV and city views (some with balcony). The hotel has an elevator.
• Clean, comfortable and cheap. Guest rooms at the Lucky House are fairly bare-bones, but guests report that they are a good size and well maintained.
• Convenient location near Termini Station. It’s not the most picturesque of neighborhoods, but proximity to the train station makes exploring the city a snap.
• Limited reception. Note that check-in hours are 12 p.m. until 8 p.m. Guests arriving outside of those hours should contact the hotel to arrange check-in.
• Some shared bathrooms. While a few rooms offer private bathrooms, the cheapest share facilities. Either way, guests report that the bathrooms are clean, although some complain about issues with water pressure and hot water.
• Breakfast is included in the room rate. Several guests complain that it is not the best spread, but hey, it’s free (and with your savings on the room you can hit a café).
• No air conditioning or Internet. The lack of air conditioning could be an issue in the hot summer months, but during the winter, when rates are crazy low, it’s not a problem.
• Noise could be an issue here. Thin walls mean you may hear other guests, and rooms could pick up noise from the street and train station.
The Lucky House’s location within minutes of Termini Station makes it well suited for exploring the city. Piazza della Repubblica and Santa Maria Maggiore are both within a 15-minute walk, and Piazza Barberini and Villa Borghese, with everything else easily accessible by bus or train.
• Metro: Termini Station is minutes from the hotel and provides access to both the A and B lines, as well as a number of buses.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Lucky House and have included it in our Rome guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- City tour
- Guest Kitchen
- Hair Dryer – at reception
- Historic building
- Luggage Storage
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Tourist information
- Rooms with view
- TV – flat screen
Via Varese 5
North of Termini Station, Rome, Italy
About the Lucky House neighborhood
The largely residential area north of Stazione Centrale Termini is both convenient and affordable. Trains heading to Fumincino airport and across Italy depart from this massive station, the front of which is also a major bus and metro stop. Although not the most picturesque neighborhood in central Rome, lots of hotel competition can often mean good rates. The area is always crowded and sometimes a little seedy.