Via Merulana 240, Rome, Italy star
Doubles from: $80 to $192
Check Rates for Merulana StarChecking Rates for Merulana StarNo availability
For guests who care more about location and price than about luxury, the Merulana Stars shines brightly. Set in the heart of Rome’s historic district, the family-run inn offers 12 bare-bones, one-star rooms, each equipped with a private bathroom, flat-screen TV, minibar and air conditioning. The hotel has an elevator.
• Compact, dated rooms. Rooms and bathrooms at the Merulana Star can feel cramped and dated, but they do the trick for the unfussy traveler.
• Location, location, location. Situated on the edge of Rome’s historic district, the Merulana Star puts a variety of attractions (as well as transportation options) within easy reach.
• Excellent value. To be sure, the hotel is quite modest, but it’s got modest rates to match. Add in an easy location and you have yourself a solid deal.
• Pet-friendly. Your furry friend can stay at no additional charge (just request ahead).
• Some complaints. Guests complain about a variety of issues at the Merulana Star: Street noise can be an issue, the staff is hit or miss (sometimes friendly and sometimes not so much), and a few guests mention that soap is not offered in the bathrooms. However, just as many find the hotel to be great deal for the price.
• Extra charges. Wi-Fi and breakfast both cost extra, and some guests report that there may be an additional charge for air conditioning.
The Merulana Star is located on the border between the historic district of Monti and the neighborhood we call “South of Termini.” That means guest get the benefit of having easy access to many transit options while being within easy walking distance from major sights like the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Santa Maria Maggiore Church.
• Metro: The hotel is located within a five-minute walk from the Vittorio Emanuele stop on line A, and about a 10-minute walk from the Cavour stop on line B. Termini Station, also a 10-minute walk away, provides access to a number of trains and buses.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Merulana Star and have included it in our Rome guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- City tour
- Concierge/Booking Services
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Fax Machine
- Historic building
- Luggage Storage
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Pet Friendly
- Recently renovated
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Safe at reception
- Shuttle service
- Tourist information
- TV Lounge
- Wake-Up Service
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom: Private
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access
- Mini fridge
- TV – flat screen
Via Merulana 240
South of Termini Station, Rome, Italy
About the Merulana Star neighborhood
Located just south of the main train station, the area surrounding the glorious Santa Maria Maggiore church has a spirit of its own. Close to Termini (but far enough away to feel safe) the Santa Maria Maggiore area is even relatively clean. The area is home to numerous imposing government buildings, as well as twisting streets lined with small restaurants and bars.