Alicante International Airport (ALC)
- Distance to Alicante city center: 9 km (6
- Low cost carriers served: 15
- Website: aena.es
- Alicante International Airport (ALC)
About this airport
Alicante International Airport or "Aeropuerto Internacional de Alicante," originally named "El Altet," is the main airport for the regions of Alicante and Murcia in Spain. Alicante is a major charter airline destination, absorbing huge numbers of flights from Germany, the UK, and other points across Europe's north. Alicante is the Costa Blanca's main airport, and delivers sun-hungry tourists to coastal holiday enclaves.
Alicante International Airport is located about 9 km southwest of the city of Alicante.
• Tram: There are trams available that will take you to and from the airport and nearby coastal communities and resorts.
• Bus: The C6 bus to Alicante costs €1 and runs every 40 minutes. For more information look at the official website of SuBus. There are eight buses a day between the airport and Benidorm. Tickets cost €7; and the journey lasts one hour. There are also eight buses a day between the airport and Murcia. The journey costs €4.24 and takes about 90 minutes. Up to date schedules can be found on the ALSA Website.
• Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport and the fare should be between €15-20 from the airport to Alicante. Fares increase slightly at night. For the most up to date information consult the Taxi company’s Official Website.
New airport services are constantly being upgraded in order to be sufficient for the growing number of travelers that pass through Alicante every year. Currently there are multiple shops and restaurants available for the convenience of travelers. There are four information points for passengers in the airport. Other airport facilities include a post office and bank.