Barcelona International (BCN)
- Distance to Barcelona city center: 13 km (8
- Low cost carriers served: 16
- Website: aena.es
- Barcelona International (BCN)
About this airport
Barcelona International Airport, also known as El Prat, is the main airport serving Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. Barcelona is an extremely busy airport and during high season, it has a tendency to feel mobbed. The second busiest airport in Spain, it is also the primary base for Clickair and Vueling, two Spanish low-cost carriers, and serves many of Europe's other low-cost airlines. Over the years, future air traffic through Barcelona Airport has been increasing dramatically. As a result, plans for major improvements to both the airport's infrastructure and services are being conducted. These plans include a new terminal area, an expansion of the airfield and a new runway.
Barcelona International Airport is located 12 km away from the center of Barcelona, in El Prat de Llobregat.
• Rail: Barcelona Airport is connected to the center city by train. The Aerobus train costs €2.50 and the RENFE train runs €3.45. Train journeys take about 40 minutes. For detailed information on airport connections to the Barcelona Metro System, as well as general maps and schedules, consult the metro's Official Website.
• Bus: The night bus runs hourly from late night through early morning and costs just €1.25. The companies that serve Barcelona Airport include: EMT, ALSA, and Mon-Bus. Information on specific rates and schedules are available on their websites. You can also catch a bus to Lloret de Mar from Barcelona del Nord station in the city centre. They run very frequently and you can find a timetable and prices at the company’s Official Website. Bus service is available to the nearby country of Andorra as well (Andorra by bus).
• Taxi: Taxi ranks are located outside the terminals. The journey to the city should take about a half hour. Keep in mind that fares change during holidays and nights. Airport and luggage supplements apply in addition to the fare.
Banks, currency exchanges, and ATMs can be found in both terminals as well as duty-free shops. Other shops include newsstands, bookstores and tobacconists. A post office can be found on the ground floor of Terminal B. Other airport facilities include a pharmacy, a 24-hour medical service, and children’s play areas.