Birmingham Intl (BHX)
- Distance to Birmingham city center: 9 km (6
- Low cost carriers served: 7
- Website: bhk.co.uk
About this airport
Birmingham International Airport is one of the UK's busiest hubs. Well serviced by flag carrier and low-cost airlines alike, Birmingham is a major launch pad for bmibaby, flybe, and Thomsonfly. In 2007, the airport won the Airports Council International's award for Best Airport in Europe in its traffic category.
Birmingham International Airport 10 km (six miles) southeast of central Birmingham in the borough of Solihull, West Midlands, England.
• Rail: The Air-Rail shuttle service is free and links the airport to the Birmingham International Train Station in a few minutes. Train operators include CrossCountry and Virgin Trains, which offer service between London and Glasgow via Birmingham. For more information consult the railway's Official Website.
• Bus: Two bus lines transport passengers between the airport and central Birmingham. Both run an average of once every half-hour and take about 20 minutes.
• Taxi: Black cabs are able to carry up to five people with luggage. They can be found at the taxi stand outside the terminals.
The airport contains information desks as well as the Visitor Center in terminal 1 for travel information. There are ATMs and currency exchange kiosks in both terminals. Aside from an extensive range of restaurants and shops, there are also postal facilities, 24-hour medical centers, and a prayer room.