- Distance to Brussels city center: 43 km (27
- Low cost carriers served: 3
- Website: charleroi-airport.com
About this airport
Brussels South Charleroi Airport in Wallonia, Belgium has just opened a new terminal in January 2008 which has the capacity to serve of up to 5 million passengers a year and is a host to sever budget carriers.
South Charleroi Airport is located 4 miles (7kilometres) north of Charleroi, 46km (28.75 miles) from central Brussels, in Wallonia (Belgium).
• Rail: From any railway station in Belgium, you can reach Charleroi Brussels South airport by asking for a "bulk-Charleroi airport" ticket at the railway station you start from. When you arrive at Charleroi South station, you only need to take the A bus line to reach the airport passenger terminal in a few minutes. The "bulk" ticket price includes both rail and bus rides. Similarly, when you land at the airport, you can buy the same "bulk" ticket at the airport ticket desk. From Charleroi station, you can take a train to any railway station in Belgium. For specific rates and times consult the railway timetable website.
• Bus: Shuttles are available to and from South Charleroi Airport and the Charleroi bus station using line A. For specific rates and times consult the bus timetable website.
• Taxi: Taxi cabs are always available outside the passenger terminal. Do not hesitate to ask taxi drivers about offering a fixed price to your destination. This will often be an option.
Airport amenities include automated teller machines, internet hotspots, telephone booths, massage seats, baggage storage, a restaurant and bar, newsstand and pharmacy.