Geneva Cointrin International (GVA)
- Distance to Geneva city center: 4 km (2
- Low cost carriers served: 8
- Website: gva.ch
- Geneva Cointrin International (GVA)
About this airport
Geneva Cointrin International Airport can be accessed from both Switzerland and France. It serves as an EU freight hub (despite it not being an EU member).
Geneva Cointrin International Airport is located 4 km (2 miles) from the Geneva city center.
• Rail: Geneva railway station is located about 300 meters from the Departures and Arrivals floors. All trains stop at central Geneva-Cornavin, in the city center. Direct long-distance trains are also available with destinations throughout greater Europe.
• Bus: The bus stop is outside the Departures and Arrivals Halls. In Switzerland, Unireso bus #10 runs to central Geneva, and bus #28 to the United Nations. Bus #23 connects the airport with Tours de Carouge and Fret.
• Taxi: Taxis can be found outside the main terminal building. Separate French and Swiss taxis are available.
At the airport, there are multiple information desks. Note: The French sector has independent services and there are tourist and airport information services in both sectors. In addition, travelers will find banks, currency exchange, ATMs, a post office, and Internet access available in all public areas. There are restaurants, shops (including duty-free), and other facilities such as a pharmacy, medical center, nursery, and public showers.