Costa Brava (GRO)
- Distance to Girona city center: 10 km (6
- Low cost carriers served: 5
- Website: aena.es
- Costa Brava (GRO)
About this airport
Girona - Costa Brava Airport is an important airport for tourism, and the airport has enjoyed a growth in traffic recently due to the arrival of various low-cost carriers. Girona – Costa Brava Airport is well connected to the Costa Brava, the Pyrenees, and Barcelona (many people use Girona Airport as an alternative airport for Barcelona, though it is 92 km (57.5 miles) to the north). Passengers are able to transfer to Barcelona by bus, taxi or train.
Girona - Costa Brava Airport is located 12km south from the city of Girona, next to the small village of Vilobí d'Onyar, in the north-east of Catalonia, Spain.
• Rail: Although there are no Girona Airport Trains available, travelers are able to take the Girona Airport Bus or a Taxi to the train station and transfer from there. Girona Trains run to Barcelona roughly 30 minutes and ticket prices will vary depending on which company you use and what time of day it is.
For more specific information about schedules and fares consult the RENFE train Official Website. If you are headed to Barcelona, you can transfer from the train to the Barcelona Metro. For maps, fares, and schedules look at the official website of the Metro.
• Bus: As a result of Ryanair passengers traveling to Barcelona via The Girona Airport, buses have increased in response to the large demand. Ryanair now has a bus line that covers the Airport-Girona and Airport-Barcelona routes. The ticket sales office is located on the ground floor, in the Arrivals Hall. There are four buses at Girona Airport and you can find them all at the stop outside of the Girona Airport Arrivals Hall.
There are also bus services that connect the airport with the towns on the Costa Brava / Maresme (Tossa de Mar, Lloret de Mar, Blanes, Malgrat de Mar, Santa Susanna, Pineda de Mar and Calella de la Costa) and Costa Brava / North (Figueres, Roses, Pineda, Calella and Tossa de Mar).
• Taxi: If there are no taxis at the airport's taxi rank, you can phone for one at Taxi Girona. All taxis must have a complaints book where travelers can detail any disagreement they may have about the service. Taxis at the airport's official taxi rank are equipped with taximeters for journeys to different parts of the province and Barcelona. The taximeter will show the fare, as well as any applicable supplements.
Keep in mind that the number of passengers traveling inside the vehicle does not affect the fare. Most taxis hold a maximum of four people and their baggage (1 suitcase and 1 piece of hand baggage per person). If you have many bags, look for a hatchback taxi that has more room or go to the information desk and ask them to order a larger taxi.
Although small, Girona Airport has a few shops and restaurants for its travelers. There are various information centers throughout the airport as well. Other services include ATMs, a post box, and lost luggage offices.