Helsinki Vantaa (HEL)
- Distance to Helsinki city center: 16 km (10
- Low cost carriers served: 5
- Website: helsinki-vantaa.fi
About this airport
Helsinki-Vantaa Airport is the main airport serving Helsinki, Finland. It was originally built for the Summer Olympics in 1952 and is currently the fourth largest airport among the Nordic countries.
Helsinki-Vantaa Airport is located 19 km (11.5 miles) north of Helsinki.
• Bus: YTV buses (#415, #451, and #615) as well as the Finnair City Bus run to and from the airport and Helsinki city center (among other destinations). The journey into Helsinki lasts about 40 minutes. For timetables and rate information, visit either YTV or Finnair's City Bus web site.
• Taxi: There are taxi ranks in front of both terminals. Service desks for taxis are located in the Arrivals Hall. The journey into Helsinki by car takes about 30 minutes.
There are several information desks found in the airport. Other services include: two banks, several currency exchanges, ATMs, Wi-Fi Internet, baby care stations, a meditation room, and many restaurants, cafes, and bars. A 24-hour fast food restaurant is also available. The International Terminal hosts more shops, a grocery store, and a pharmacy.