Blue Danube (LNZ)
- Distance to Linz city center: 11 km (7
- Low cost carriers served: 3
- Website: linz-airport.at
About this airport
The Blue Danube Airport in Linz, Austria is a smaller airport found at the foothills of the Alps. Visitors are able to relax and enjoy stunning views from the airport's main visitor terrace.
The airport is located just minutes outside of Linz, Austria’s city center.
• Rail: From the east and west of Austria, Linz can be reached via the Westbahn (trains to and from Salzburg and Vienna every hour), from the south via the Pyhrnbahn and from the north via the Summerauerbahn. Connections from Linz main station to Hoersching station approximately every hour and the duration of the trip is roughly 10 minutes. All passengers arriving by train are invited to use the free shuttle service between Linz Airport and Hoersching station from 5 am-10 pm upon request. The transfer takes approximately 3 minutes.
• Bus: Buses to and from the city center are available and only take a short amount of time (but it's always good to be safe and arrive a bit early). The bus stop at the Blue Danube Airport is in front of the arrival hall.
• Taxi: Taxis are also available in front of the airport.
Cafes and snack bars offer a wide selection of items that make travelling a more pleasurable experience. A bank and cash machine are also conveniently located inside the airport. Aside from an airport lost and found and general information counters, the Blue Danube Airport offers airport tours to passengers who wish to familiarize themselves with the surroundings.