- Distance to London city center: 50 km (31
- Low cost carriers served: 6
- Website: stanstedairport.com
About this airport
The name Stansted is synonymous with low-cost carriers. A massive hub for Ryanair, Stansted also serves as a hub for easyJet, Air Berlin, and nine other budget airlines. It's London's third-biggest airport.
London-Stansted Airport is located 48 km (30 miles) northeast of London.
• Rail: The Stansted Express provides a 45-minute train journey to Liverpool Street Station. National Express offers service to London Stratford and Lea Valley Stations. For more information on timetables and rates check the National Express Official Website. Cross-country trains serve destinations to the Midlands and the North.
• Bus: The Terravision express bus provides a 75-minute journey to Victoria, and the National Express bus line offers 90-minute journeys to Victoria, Liverpool, and Stratford Stations. There are also numerous other local buses that stop at the airport. Transfers can be made through Easybus as well.
• Taxi: Checker Cars taxi company serves Stansted airport and operates service to London and other destinations. The taxis can be found outside the terminal building. For more information consult the Website.
There's an information desk in the international arrivals area as well as courtesy telephones throughout the terminal. Wi-Fi internet access is available too. In addition, the airport has multiple ATMs, a currency exchange, many restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops. Other airport facilities include a baby changing area, showers, and a multi-faith chapel.