- Distance to Malaga city center: 8 km (5
- Low cost carriers served: 14
- Website: aena.es
About this airport
Málaga Airport is the main airport in the Costa del Sol region of Spain. Recently, the airport has seen major growth due to the increased service provided by budget airlines. Among these, easyJet, Ryanair, and Vueling service the most destinations.
Málaga Airport is located 8 km (5 miles) southwest of the center of Malaga.
• Rail: A Cercanís commuter train links the airport with the city center, taking about 15 minutes to make the journey, and costing €1.15 on weekdays; €1.25 on weekends. The Malaga airport train stop is roughly 300 meters from the airport building and can be reached by a ramp from the first floor departures level.
• Bus: There's also a bus link between the airport and the city, which costs €1. Travelers can take Line 19 from the airport directly into the Malaga city center (the journey will take around 20 minutes). If you wish to travel to other parts of the coast you will be able to catch buses to many different areas at the main bus terminal in Malaga. For more specific details check out the main websites for Estabus and EMT. The bus company Portillo provides service to and from Marbella and other popular destinations.
• Taxi: Outside Terminal 1 Arrivals, you can catch a cab at the airport’s main taxi rank. For information on rates there should be a poster on the wall beside the double doors that show the amounts taxis should charge. Also, keep in mind that the taxis have an airport surcharge which is applied at different times of the day.
Internet access is available throughout the Málaga Airport. There is a bank with a currency exchange in Arrivals in Terminal 2, as well as many ATMs and a post office in Terminal 1. There are a few places to eat and shop in the airport. Other facilities include a pharmacy, medical service, and an aviation museum.