- Distance to Stockholm city center: 36 km (23
- Low cost carriers served: 6
- Website: lfv.se
About this airport
Stockholm's traditional airport, Arlanda is the city's major international airport. Though mostly an airport served by conventional airlines, a smattering of low-cost carriers also serve Arlanda. Nordic budget airlines Sterling, FlyNordic, Blue1, and Norwegian Air Shuttle all fly to and from Arlanda.
Stockholm-Arlanda Airport is located 36 km (23 miles) outside the Stockholm city center.
• Rail: There are multiple train services at Arlanda Airport. The Arlanda Express is a high-speed train that goes non-stop between Stockholm and the airport in 20 minutes. Long-distance trains depart from the underground Arlanda Central Station to 70 Swedish destinations. Commuter train service is also available from the station. Tickets for these trains can be purchased at a machine or information desk. A ticket costs SEK220.
• Bus: There is a Flygbussarna bus link which takes 40 minutes. Buses meet arrivals and departures. A ticket costs SEK99.
• Taxi: Taxis are found outside the main terminal building and travelers should consult the taxi coordinator to obtain one. There are also two taxis lines, one for environmentally "clean" taxis, usually at the front of the queue of taxis.
The airport has numerous stores and restaurants (30 each) as well as banks, a pharmacy, chapel, currency exchange, and a post office. Other facilities include a hair salon, dry cleaner, fitness center, and a nursing room with childplay areas. Wireless Internet access and public Internet portals are throughout the airport.