Stockholm-Skavsta Airport (NYO)
- Distance to Stockholm city center: 90 km (56
- Low cost carriers served: 2
- Website: skavsta.se
- Stockholm-Skavsta Airport (NYO)
About this airport
The Stockholm area's second busiest airport after Arlanda (in turn busier than Vasteras and Bromma) is far, far away from Stockholm proper. Skavsta is in the town of Nykoping. Skavsta is a small airport, but serves as a hub for Ryanair, Wizz Air, and some charter and minor airlines.
Stockholm-Skavsta Airport is located 100 km (63 miles) south of Stockholm.
• Rail: The local train station in Nykoping is located 7 km away. Travelers may take a taxi for a fixed price or hop on local bus #515 or 715. Swedish trains are generally very comfortable as a standard. Tickets can be bought at the train station or on board.
• Bus: The Flygbussarna bus meets departures and arrivals. There also is a local bus service to Nykoping and Oxelosund (Bus #515 or 715). Terravision allows for transfer to major airports like Milan, Rome, Pisa, Frankfurt, Stansted, Liverpool, Dublin, Bratislava, and Marseilles.
• Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and all accept credit cards.
The service center at the airport is located in the main terminal, opposite the check-in desks. Shops, a restaurant, cafe/bar, bank, currency exchange, ATM, and Internet stations are available throughout the airport.