Durham Tees Valley (MME)
- Distance to Teesside city center: 0 km (0
- Low cost carriers served: 3
About this airport
Durham Tees Valley Airport began as an airbase for the Royal Air Force and then converted for civilian use in 1964. The international terminal was opened in 1966 by Queen Margaritha of Sweden.
Durham Tees Valley Airport is located 39 km (24 miles) south of Durham in North East England.
• Rail: A free bus service will take travelers directly to the Darlington railway station. This busy station has numerous trains with destinations to Durham, Newcastle, and York.
• Bus: The direct and free bus service operates between the airport and Darlington train station. The Tees Valley Sky Express is also available every hour at the airport.
• Taxi: The taxi rank is located outside the main airport terminal.
At the airport there is an information desk, currency exchange, and internet access. For the convenience of passengers there are shops and restaurants as well. Other facilities include first aid, a lost and found, and baby changing stations.