Vienna Intl (VIE)
- Distance to Vienna city center: 18 km (11
- Low cost carriers served: 10
- Website: viennaairport.com
- Vienna Intl (VIE)
About this airport
Vienna International Airport, often referred to as Schwechat, the name of the nearby town, is the busiest and biggest airport in Austria.
Vienna International Airport is located 18 kilometers (11 miles) southeast Vienna’s city center.
• Rail: Travelers can use the City Airport Train (CAT) to and from the Wien-Mitte station which takes approximately 16 minutes. The S-Bahn trains (Federal Railway System) also offers service to and from the Wien-Mitte and Wien-Nord stations which takes approximately 25 minutes.
• Bus: Bus connections are available to and from the center of Vienna. These routes usually take approximately 25-35 minutes. Also, there are buses available to and from the neighboring towns of Baden and Modling as well as the bordering countries of Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary.
• Taxi: Taxis can be found in front of the arrivals hall.
Information monitors and display boards as well as several information desks are available throughout the airport. There are over 70 shops located within Vienna International Airport and the restaurants and cafés are ideal for a pleasant break before boarding or after return.