- Home base: Birmingham, United Kingdom - Birmingham Intl (BHX)
- Year established: 2002
- Major hubs: Birmingham, United Kingdom - Birmingham Intl (BHX), Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN), Nottingham, United Kingdom - East Midlands (EMA)
- Cities served: 56
- Routes offered: 574
- Website: bmibaby.com
About this airline
BMIbaby is a UK based airline that flies out of bases throughout England. Destinations include a balanced mix of city and sea, a nice antidote to the UK's Mediterranean-focused airlines. Despite flying to so many different sorts of destinations, BMIbaby is off the radar screen of the top-tier low-cost carriers, largely because it is essentially a UK-based airline.
Nice blend of beach and city destinations to and from UK airports.
Continental hub would increase relevance for people living outside of the UK. Frequent flight cancellations are not handled well.
* Carry-on: One standard piece of hand luggage; that cannot exceed 10 kg.
* Checked: Up to 5 bags with a total weight not exceeding 18 kg. Each bag, up to the 18 kg limit, is charged at the rate of €15 per bag. Over 20 kg, it’s €11 per additional kg.
* Please visit BMIbaby’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You can only select your seat online during check-in which is only available if you aren't checking luggage.
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is available from 7 days up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time for all passengers travelling with one item of hand baggage per passenger with a maximum weight of 10kg. Be careful! If you use the online check-in service and arrive at the boarding gate with oversized hand baggage or extra items you will be required to pay a manual handling fee of £30 / €30 per item to be carried in the aircraft hold or they will be offloaded and will not be offered a refund. Also international travelers who check in online without providing a valid photo ID first will incur a fee of £5.
Where does BMIbaby fly?
choose departure airport to find flights