Norwegian Air Shuttle
- Home base: Oslo, Norway - Oslo International (OSL)
- Year established: 1993
- Major hubs: Warsaw, Poland - Warsaw Frederic Chopin (Okecie) (WAW)
- Cities served: 80
- Routes offered: 3952
- Website: norwegian.no
About this airline
Norwegian Air Shuttle is the second largest airline in Scandinavia and the fourth largest low cost carrier in Europe. With its main base in Oslo and secondary bases in across Europe (and beyond), Norwegian Air Shuttle's network is broad.
A huge selling point is Norwegian's fab offerings across the wide expanse of far-flung Norway. Beyond that, the airline's route map is interesting for its even geographic balance.
Great network in Norway; good overall route density. Excellent customer service.
Low-frequency service outside of Europe.
* Carry-on: One item of hand luggage, not to exceed 10 kg, plus one personal item.
* Checked: One 20 kg bag is free of charge for all passengers save for LowFare ticket holders, who must purchase all checked luggage. Bags cost between $9 and $28 for European flights when purchased online and between $18 and $59 when purchased at the airport. Over the limit, you will be charged $12 per kilo. Other restrictions do apply, so check their site for details.
* Please visit Norwegian Air Shuttle’s website for more information on its baggage policy.
You can reserve seats up to 25 hours prior to your departure. It can be done at the time of booking or later. Non-refundable reservation fees apply and vary by destination. Passengers can reserve seats with extra leg room as long as they are allowed to sit in front of the emergency exit.
Check-in and Ticketing
Online check-in is not available. Passengers must check in at the airport at least 30 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights and 45 minutes prior to international flights. Passengers on domestic flights with only hand luggage do not need to check-in at all.