- Home base: Birmingham, United Kingdom - Birmingham Intl (BHX)
- Year established: 1962
- Major hubs: Cardiff, United Kingdom - Cardiff Wales (CWL), London, United Kingdom - Gatwick (LGW), Manchester, United Kingdom - Manchester Intl (MAN)
- Cities served: 58
- Routes offered: 942
- Website: flights.thomson.co.uk
About this airline
Owned by the massive TUI holiday group, UK budget carrier Thomson Airways flies from 11 hubs in the United Kingdom (most of these within England) to almost 80 destinations beyond the British Isles. Thomson straddles the line between city and beach destinations, having it both ways. The airline is particularly strong to Spain, Greece, Italy, and Bulgaria—in that order. Thomson also flies long haul to a range of destinations in the Americas, Asia, and Africa.
Route map is broad and strong.
Many destinations are seasonal. Narrow seats (especially for long-hauls).
• Carry-on: One item of hand luggage not to exceed 5 kg. Note: Laptops count as your one item.
• Checked: You may pre-book bags, though prices and allowances vary by flight. Excess baggage is charged €12 per kg on short-haul flights and €22 per kg on long-haul flights.
On most flights, you can choose seats for free at time of booking.
Be very careful when booking for extra legroom, as it is not guaranteed that you will get what you pay for.