Since the Velvet Revolution of 1989, Prague has captured the imaginations of countless visitors. With an old town that is nothing short of mythic in feel (especially on a cool night when its heavy buildings are enshrouded in fog) and architectural wonders spread throughout, it's easy to understand how this romantic city has pierced the fantasies of so many.
Prague City Guide Introduction
Prague's architectural beauty and Old World charm entrances countless visitors each year. Photo: fklv (Obsolete hipster).
Inside and beyond the old town, Prague features prime Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, and Art Nouveau examples of architectural excellence.
But Prague is not just about the glories of the past. Today's Prague is an increasingly great place to eat well, dance until late, and rub elbows with an international crowd of hipsters. And if your scene is more hostel than hotel, don't fret. Prague often feels as if the universities of the world have unleashed all of their students in Kampa Park.
So are you ready to start your stay in this post-communist paradise? Then read up in our city guide on the ins and outs of Prague.
Know before you go: Prague is an affordable city, but that doesn’t mean you can throw your budget plans out the window. Know how much you can expect to spend and take a look at our hotel overview for an idea of the amenities that at each price level.
Don't get lost: With its winding Gothic streets and difficult-to-decipher language (though English is fairly prevalent), Prague can be a nuisance to navigate. Keep your compass aligned with our guides to getting into Prague and getting around Prague.
See the sights: Prague is chock-full of places to go and sights to see. Check out our list of the top 10 attractions in the city and, if you need something more, our recommendations for some nice day trips from Prague.
Most popular hotels in Prague (by views)
Prague blog posts
- Back on Track: Europe’s principal east-west rail route restored today
- Changes to Summer Train Service After the Floods
- Deutsche Bahn’s new bus service connects Berlin with Krakow from €29
- Flood Alert: Train cancellations in the Czech Republic, Austria, Germany and beyond
- Prague to Berlin: A train ride worth taking
- Prague: 5 hostel picks for every kind of Cheapo
- Summer 2012 Rail Services in Europe
- European Rail Services: Big changes in Greece
- Eurolines: International coach journeys in Europe
- European Train Schedules: New trains for 2012