Guest House Trastevere
Via Giovanni Da Castel Bolognese 32, Rome, Italy
Doubles from: $102 to $174
Check Rates for Guest House TrastevereChecking Rates for Guest House TrastevereNo availability
Situated a five-minute walk from Trastevere Station, the cheery and homey Guest House Trastevere is a good pick for guests on the hunt for the “local experience.” Its four simple and affordable guest rooms offer air conditioning, a private bathroom, safe, flat-screen TV and mini-fridge. Wi-Fi is free in the public areas and the hotel has an elevator.
• Super-Cheapo. On the Cheapo spectrum, the Guest House Trastevere is about as low as you can go. Rates are among the cheapest we’ve seen in Trastevere and Rome as whole. And given the cleanliness and friendly service, this place is a fabulous value.
• Feel like a local. Guests are given keys to come and go as they please, and many profess that the homey atmosphere gave them a sense of living in Rome rather than just visiting. (Note that this may mean that it's hard to find someone at reception—get in touch in advance to alert the management of your expected arrival time.)
• Convenient Trastevere location. Although some report that the immediate surroundings feel a tad gritty, guests love being so close to the train station (and, thus, central Rome). Note that the area can get noisy at times.
• Stellar staff. An overwhelming number of guests rave about the friendly service and helpful staff at the Guest House Trastevere.
• Breakfast is included in the room rate, although some guests complain that it consists of mostly sweet items.
• Free Wi-Fi is available in the public areas.
The Guest House Trastevere is located a few blocks from the Tiber and Ponte Testaccio and a short walk from the Trastevere train station, which provides easy access to the Vatican and St. Peter’s. Central Rome is easy to reach via the tram (also a short walk away), and the Santa Maria in Trastevere Church is about a 20-minute walk away.
• Transportation: The hotel is located within a five-minute walk from the Trastevere Station. The number 4 train and the number 3 tram are especially useful.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the Guest House Trastevere and have included it in our Rome guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
Read Verified Reviews from our Partners
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Internet Station
- Non-Smoking Hotel
- Recently renovated
- Shuttle service
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom: Private
- Cable TV
- Internet Access
- Mini fridge
Via Giovanni Da Castel Bolognese 32
Trastevere, Rome, Italy
About the Guest House Trastevere neighborhood
Perched on the western bank of the River Tiber just where it straddles Isola Tiberina, Trastevere is known for its artsy demeanor and picturesque, winding streets. This historically working-class neighborhood is terribly cute, and hip to boot. Trastevere is now home to numerous trendy and touristy bars, cafes, shops, restaurants, and a few tourist traps. Despite all this, we can't help it. We love Trastevere just the same.