Once a proud but poor city perched on the edge of Europe, today Dublin is bustling and booming. Waves of construction have reconfigured the city, and immigrants have arrived in unprecedented numbers, lending a cosmopolitan air.
Dublin City Guide Introduction
Amid all this change, though, charming, literary, beer-happy Dublin still thrives. While Temple Bar takes the tourist cake, places of interest can be found throughout, from excellent museums to stately Georgian architecture to meticulously landscaped parks. And then of course, there are the affable, witty, and oh-so-fun Dubliners themselves. Who wouldn’t want to share a pint of Guinness with them?
Ready to plan your trip to Dublin? Get started here:
- Get situated: Do you want to stay in St. Stephens Green or North Quays? Our neighborhood overviews will give you the lay of the land so you can find the perfect ‘hood for your travel style.
- Get a room: We’ve scoured the Dublin streets for the best budget hotels. Check out our our reviews to find the one that’s right for you.
- Get outta town: Much as we adore Dublin, we also admit there are fabulous finds beyond the city borders. Get inspired by our favorite day trips from Dublin.
All hotel reviews
- 20 Tips for Finding the Perfect Dublin Hotel
- A Weekend in Dublin
- Dublin Budget Tips
- Dublin Car Rentals
- Dublin City Guide Introduction
- Dublin Day Trips
- Dublin Hotel Overview
- Expect to Spend: Dublin
- Getting Around Dublin
- Getting Into Dublin
- Reviewing Dublin
- Types of hotels in Dublin
- When to visit Dublin
- > More Dublin articles
From our Dublin blog
The ‘will they or won’t they’ fuss over Norwegian’s proposed transatlantic flight program to London Gatwick for this summer overshadows a number of other interesting developments in the transatlantic aviation mar ... read
In recent years, Dublin has shed some of its expensive reputation. Since the Celtic Tiger crash, prices have become more reasonable and there are deals to be found throughout the city. Dublin is also cheapo-friendly beca ... read
Mention that you have just snapped up a cheap fare with an Irish airline, and folks will generally assume that you have been tackling Ryanair. But the Republic of Ireland has a trinity of other air carriers offering sch ... read
While aviation watchers stateside mull over the implications of the US-AA mega-merger, in some parts of Europe it is small carriers which continue to make the news. Next week sees the start of Minoan Air’s first routes ... read