Hotel De La Vallee
84-86 rue Saint-Denis, Paris, France star
Doubles from: $86 to $138
Check Rates for Hotel De La ValleeChecking Rates for Hotel De La ValleeNo availability
Reviewed by EuroCheapo.com Editors
Situated steps from both the Châtelet-Les Halles Metro and RER hub (with direct access to Charles de Gaulle) and the Rue St-Denis’ legendary string of sex shops, the Hotel de la Vallée offers 32 very simple rooms that could only work for backpackers and unfussy budget travelers.
• Cheap rates. The Hotel de la Vallée is a one-star hotel with consistently cheap rates.
• Extremely central location. The hotel’s location next to the Châtelet-Les Halles transportation hub is very convenient for getting around Paris and getting to Charles de Gaulle. It’s also great for walking around Paris.
• Red light warning. The hotel is located on the Rue St-Denis, the heart of one of the city's famous red light districts. Around the hotel you’ll find sex shops, a “librarie érotique” or two, and some shady characters. You'll also find lots of cheap eats, plenty of police, and well-protected prostitutes. If this bothers you, don’t stay here.
• Simple rooms. Rooms are equipped with a cable TV (French channels only), telephone and alarm clock. The cheapest rooms share bathrooms in the hallways (and you’ll have to pay to take a shower), while more expensive rooms have a private bath.
• Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby.
• No elevator. The hotel has six floors of rooms, a tight staircase, and no elevator.
• Metro: The hotel is located next to the “Les Halles” Metro station (line 4) and “Châtelet” station (lines 1, 4, 7, 11, 14). The combined “Châtelet-Les Halles” RER station serves lines A, B and D.
Reviewed by: Tom Meyers, EuroCheapo Staff Writer
Note: This hotel was visited by a EuroCheapo editor. This review is based on cleanliness, location, price and overall quality. EuroCheapo did not charge this hotel to be listed.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Fax Machine
- Hair Dryer – at reception
- Luggage Storage
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Bathroom: Private
- Bathroom: Shared
- Cable TV
- Hair Dryer
- Soundproofed Windows
84-86 rue Saint-Denis
1st: Châtelet / Palais Royale / Louvre, Paris, France
About the Hotel De La Vallee neighborhood
Located to the west of Châtelet, the area surrounding the Louvre museum is an art lover's playground. The quarter boasts grand Haussmann-style boulevards leading to the gold dome of the Opéra and the banks of the Seine. The quarter's biggest draw is the Louvre museum and the Seine-side Jardin des Tuileries.