Hotel De La Vallee
84-86 Rue Saint-Denis, Paris, France star
Doubles from: $83 to $132
Check Rates for Hotel De La ValleeChecking Rates for Hotel De La ValleeNo availability
Reviewed by EuroCheapo.com Editors
Situated steps from both the Châtelet-Les Halles Metro and RER hub (with direct access to Charles de Gaulle) and the Rue St-Denis’ legendary string of sex shops, the Hotel de la Vallée offers 32 simple rooms that could work for backpackers and budget travelers.
• Cheap rates. The Hotel de la Vallée is a one-star hotel with consistently cheap rates.
• Extremely central location. The hotel’s location next to the Châtelet-Les Halles transportation hub is very convenient for getting around Paris and getting to Charles de Gaulle. It’s also great for walking around Paris.
• Red light warning. The hotel is located on the Rue St-Denis, the heart of one of the city's famous red light districts. Around the hotel you’ll find sex shops and a “librarie érotique” or two. You’ll also find lots of cheap eats, plenty of police, and well-protected prostitutes. If this bothers you, don’t stay here.
• Simple rooms. Rooms are equipped with a cable TV (French channels only), telephone and alarm clock. The cheapest rooms share bathrooms in the hallways (and you’ll have to pay to take a shower), while more expensive rooms have a private bath.
• Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby.
• No elevator. The hotel has six floors of rooms, a tight staircase, and no elevator.
As already noted, the Hotel de la Vallée is located in the center of Paris, next to the city’s largest Metro and RER (regional train) hub. This location is both convenient (you can walk almost everywhere from here) and sometimes a bit shady (guys walking to porn shops at night). The RER B connection makes it a breeze to get from here to Charles de Gaulle.
• Metro: The hotel is located next to the “Les Halles” Metro station (line 4) and “Châtelet” station (lines 1, 4, 7, 11, 14). The combined “Châtelet-Les Halles” RER station serves lines A, B and D.
Note: This hotel was visited by a EuroCheapo editor. This review is based on cleanliness, location, price and overall quality. EuroCheapo did not charge this hotel to be listed.
Read Verified Reviews from our Partners
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Fax Machine
- Hair Dryer – at reception
- Internet Station
- Luggage Storage
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Bathroom: Private
- Bathroom: Shared
- Cable TV
- Soundproofed Windows
84-86 Rue Saint-Denis
Chatelet, Paris, France
About the Hotel De La Vallee neighborhood
Smack in the center of town, Châtelet’s Right Bank locale is within walking distance of the Centre Pompidou, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Marais, and the docks of the Seine.