San Lio Tourist House
Salizada S. Lio 5607 (chek-in at Castello 6041, Campo S. Marina), Venice, Italy
Doubles from: $135 to $308
Check Rates for San Lio Tourist HouseChecking Rates for San Lio Tourist HouseNo availability
The centrally located San Lio Tourist House sits in a 14th-century building just a short walk from the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark’s Square. All six rooms are equipped with a private bathroom, TV, telephone, safe and air conditioning.
• Fabulous location between the Rialto bridge and St. Mark’s Square.
• Comfortable and clean rooms with teeny bathrooms.
• Street noise is fairly common (pack earplugs).
• Reception is located in a separate building, which is not abnormal in Venice, but may prove confusing for some guests.
• Breakfast is available for an additional charge (but is quite expensive).
• Wi-Fi costs extra but is available in all areas.
Reviewed by: Sarah Silbert, EuroCheapo Staff Writer
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the San Lio Tourist House and have included it in our Venice guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Reception: 24-Hour
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom: Private
- Cable TV
About the San Lio Tourist House neighborhood
The largest of the six "sestieri", Castello is divided into Castello and Castello Alto. Castello Alto borders San Marco and is home to innumerable cheap sleeps, as well as the Arsenale Naval Museum. The largely residential area doesn't boast much in the way of dining or nightlife, but its vicinity to San Marco and its overall convenient location makes Castello Alto a savvy alternative for budget-minded Cheapos.