Few cities in Europe pair style and dilapidation like Amsterdam. With a downright raunchy red light district on the one hand and some of the world's very best museums on the other, cosmopolitan Amsterdam takes its contradictions in stride.
Amsterdam City Guide Introduction
The city's allure resides in the classically charming townhouses lining picture-perfect canals as much as it does in Amsterdam's grubby coffeeshops, bustling public markets and intense street culture.
But don't fret! All these contradictions won't get in the way of your tulip-addled, bicycle-riding fantasies of the Netherlands. Wherever you sit on the quaint/hyperactive divide, you'll find Amsterdam to be extraordinarily gorgeous and unique.
Ready to pedal off?
Welcome to EuroCheapo's guide to Amsterdam. We've got advice for you on every aspect of your Amsterdam trip.
Start by reading our reviews of the best cheap hotels in Amsterdam.
Also, be sure to check out recent Amsterdam blog posts by our correspondents.
Most popular hotels in Amsterdam (by views)
Amsterdam blog posts
- Weekend in Amsterdam: The perfect first trip for budget travelers
- Going Dutch: Where to find public restrooms in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam: 10 phrases that tourists should never say
- Amsterdam: Top 5 parks offering an escape to nature
- Amsterdam Bus Tips: How to ride the bus like a pro
- Amsterdam’s Best Burger: 5 safe bets for a delicious and cheap meal
- Amsterdam Cheap Eats: 5 restaurant chains worth trying
- 16 Easy ways to save on trips to Europe in 2013
- Amsterdam: How to avoid crowds at the city’s most popular attractions
- Amsterdam: 5 easy ways to save on dining