Few cities in Europe pair style and dilapidation like Amsterdam. With a downright raunchy red light district on the one hand and some of the world's very best museums on the other, cosmopolitan Amsterdam takes its contradictions in stride.
Amsterdam City Guide Introduction
The city's allure resides in the classically charming townhouses lining picture-perfect canals as much as it does in Amsterdam's grubby coffeeshops, bustling public markets and intense street culture.
But don't fret! All these contradictions won't get in the way of your tulip-addled, bicycle-riding fantasies of the Netherlands. Wherever you sit on the quaint/hyperactive divide, you'll find Amsterdam to be extraordinarily gorgeous and unique.
Ready to pedal off?
Welcome to EuroCheapo's guide to Amsterdam. We've got advice for you on every aspect of your Amsterdam trip.
Start by reading our reviews of the best cheap hotels in Amsterdam.
Also, be sure to check out recent Amsterdam blog posts by our correspondents.
Popular hotels in Amsterdam (by views)
Amsterdam blog posts
- Amsterdam: How to avoid the epic Anne Frank House line
- Visiting Amsterdam: 5 first-time mistakes to avoid
- Everyone is high in Amsterdam – and 5 other myths about the city debunked
- Amsterdam: 10 tips to bike and blend in like a local
- Amsterdam City Card: New expanded savings within the metropolitan area
- Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket: The pros and cons of this 24-hour deal
- Free Amsterdam: The ultimate guide from ferries to art galleries
- 8 unusual cheap hotels in Europe
- 5 cheapo souvenir ideas to bring home from Amsterdam
- Lost Links: European night train changes for 2014