Few cities in Europe pair style and dilapidation like Amsterdam. With a downright raunchy red light district on the one hand and some of the world's very best museums on the other, cosmopolitan Amsterdam takes its contradictions in stride.
Amsterdam City Guide Introduction
The city's allure resides in the classically charming townhouses lining picture-perfect canals as much as it does in Amsterdam's grubby coffeeshops, bustling public markets and intense street culture.
But don't fret! All these contradictions won't get in the way of your tulip-addled, bicycle-riding fantasies of the Netherlands. Wherever you sit on the quaint/hyperactive divide, you'll find Amsterdam to be extraordinarily gorgeous and unique.
Ready to pedal off?
Welcome to EuroCheapo's guide to Amsterdam. We've got advice for you on every aspect of your Amsterdam trip.
Start by reading our reviews of the best cheap hotels in Amsterdam.
Also, be sure to check out recent Amsterdam blog posts by our correspondents.
Most popular hotels in Amsterdam (by views)
Amsterdam blog posts
- Back on Track: Europe’s principal east-west rail route restored today
- 5 reasons to visit the Bokbier Festival in Amsterdam, the Dutch Oktoberfest
- The most I’d pay in Amsterdam for a…
- Paris to Brussels and Beyond: Essential Thalys
- Changes to Summer Train Service After the Floods
- Amsterdam: Simple tips for finding cheap hotels
- Weekend in Amsterdam: The perfect first trip for budget travelers
- Going Dutch: Where to find public restrooms in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam: 10 phrases that tourists should never say
- Amsterdam: Top 5 parks offering an escape to nature