What should you expect to spend for hotels and restaurants in Florence? Avoid sticker shock upon arrival by checking out our price overviews in advance. Trust us, you don't want to be surprised by the cost of a meal or a hotel room.
Expect to Spend: Florence
Hotel and Pension Rates
Rates for accommodation vary depending on quality and season. Expect to pay between €80 and €160 for a double room at a basic hotel. Pensions and one-star hotels run from about €40 to €110.
Meals range in price from a few euros for a hot slice of pizza straight from the oven to extravagant meals. How extravagant? €125 per couple isn't unusual in Florence's priciest restaurants. Typically, Florentine meals consist of three courses: the antipasto (appetizer), the primo (first course) and the secondo (main meat or fish course). A separate side of vegetables is referred to as a "contorno."
Customers are expected to order at least two, often three, courses. Courses will range in price between €5 and €20. Some restaurants offer a lower priced "menu turistico" that includes three courses.
To save some cash, consider grabbing a sandwich "to go" from a bakery or lunch counter. Enjoy a focaccia for as little as €1.
Related posts from our blog
Most popular hotels in Florence (by views)
Florence blog posts
- 8 unusual cheap hotels in Europe
- Q&A: Samanta and Marco of the Hotel Dali in Florence
- 5 ways to save on sightseeing in Florence
- Florence: Buy your wine like the locals… on tap!
- Florence: Where to find free Wi-Fi
- Florence: Simple strategies for saving on dining
- Train Connections: Europe’s Best and Europe’s Worst
- How to find and book slower trains in Europe
- Deal or No Deal: Cities that still have hotel deals for New Year’s Eve
- In the Shadow of an Icon: 3 Sights not to miss in Pisa, Fussen and Paris