ibis London City
5 Commercial Street, London, United Kingdom
Doubles from: $115 to $283
Check Rates for ibis London CityChecking Rates for ibis London CityNo availability
Situated just steps from a Tube stop in London’s historic center, the two-star Ibis London City offers the reliable service and value we’ve come to expect from the European budget hotel chain, Ibis. Each of the hotel’s 348 guest rooms comes equipped with a private bathroom, flat-screen TV, phone and coffee maker. The hotel has an elevator.
• Clean, reliable rooms. Guest rooms at the Ibis London City are typical chain-hotel fare, but they are good-sized (for London) and very clean. Some offer nice views.
• Some street noise. The busy area is likely to get noisy. Rooms on the higher floors or at the back of the hotel will be quietest.
• Excellent location in the heart of The City. The hotel provides easy access to a number of popular attractions as well as the Tube.
• Breakfast is not included, but the hotel offers an impressive buffet option for an additional charge.
• Wi-Fi is available for an additional charge throughout the hotel.
The Ibis London City is a great base for exploring many of famous attractions. It’s just a 15-minute walk from the Tower Bridge and Tower of London, and about a 20-minute walk from St. Paul’s Cathedral, the Tate Modern, London Bridge and the Globe Theatre. There’s not a ton of nightlife in this area, but easy Tube access will have you partying in a jiffey.
• Tube: The hotel is located just steps from the Aldgate East stop, which provides access to the Circle, District and Hammersmith lines. A few steps farther and you can catch the Metropolitan line at the Aldgate stop.
About this listing: EuroCheapo's editors have researched the ibis London City and have included it in our London guide based on its location, room rates, services offered, and user reviews.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Bathroom: Private
- Cable TV
About the ibis London City neighborhood
The historic center of London, the City is the financial center of London and the UK. The neighborhood is home to St. Paul’s Cathedral, the College of Arms and the Central Criminal Court ("Old Bailey"). Though centrally located, tourists will have to venture outside the area for nightlife and decent food after the suits go home.