Berlin is that rare gem of a Western European capital. Full of culture and attractions, it's also significantly underpopulated and financially broke. This means that restaurants, hotels and cafés are all much less expensive than they are in other Western European cities of Berlin's size and vitality.
Welcome to Berlin
Bargains exist against a backdrop of social diversity and countercultural buzz. Artists and politicians alike make Berlin home, and the influence of both groups on the city provides an unusual and attractive mixture of subcultures and types. Whether or not Berlin's bohemian vibe does you right, you'll enjoy the city's broad boulevards, monuments, museums and neighborhoods.
Ready to plan your trip to Berlin? Get started here:
- Find a bed in Berlin: Most of Berlin’s beds (even the most budget among them) have style to spare. Read our reviews to find the art hotel or funky hostel that’s best for you.
- Get out of town: Whether you’re in the mood for a lake escape or a wooded fairyland, there are some great day trips around Berlin.
- Plan your trip: Our budget tips guide gives tips on everything from museum prices to free sights in Berlin.
All hotel reviews
- Before You Go: Learn The Language
- Berlin Budget Tips
- Berlin Car Rentals
- Berlin Day Trips
- Berlin's Art Hotels
- Expect to Spend: Berlin
- Getting Around Berlin
- Getting Into Berlin
- Mensa cafeterias dish up a good value
- Travel Gram: Eating and Dining Overseas
- Travel Gram: Souvenir Budget Woes? Try Freebies!
- Travel Gram: Travel as an Antidote to Change
- Welcome to Berlin
- > More Berlin articles