Taxis zip their way all over Barcelona. They can be convenient at times, but they are not cheap, and surcharges (detailed below) can add up quickly.
Taxis in Barcelona
Catching a cab
It’s easiest to hail a cab on the street corners. The "lliure" or "libre" sign in the windshield or a lit green light on the roof of the car signals a vacant car, while yellow means it's occupied.
On weekend nights, however, you might have to wait up to 30 minutes to grab one. Passengers waiting for taxis form lines at popular spots.
Taxis prices are set in Barcelona. The price for a taxi during the day (8 a.m. until 9 p.m.) is €2.05 plus €.98 per km. After 9 p.m., and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, the cost is €2.05 plus €.1.24 per km.
Surcharges may apply for a variety of things, including transfer to or from the airport (psst... we can tell you about cheaper airport transportation options) and luggage.
All hotel reviews
- Barcelona Budget Tips
- Barcelona Car Rentals
- Barcelona Day Trips
- Barcelona Hotel Overview
- Barcelona: Top 10 Attractions
- Barcelona: When to go
- Budget Accommodation in Barcelona
- Choosing a Neighborhood in Barcelona
- Expect to Spend: Barcelona
- FAQ: General Barcelona hotel questions
- FAQ: Questions about Barcelona hotels
- FAQ: Questions about hotel bathrooms
- FAQ: Questions about hotel rooms in Barcelona
- FAQ: Questions about visiting Barcelona
- Getting Around Barcelona
- Getting Into Barcelona
- Hostels and Cheap Accommodation in Barcelona
- Our Favorite Cheap Hotels in Barcelona
- Reading Up on Barcelona
- Reviewing Barcelona
- Riding the Bus in Barcelona
- Taxis in Barcelona
- The Barcelona Metro
- What's for breakfast in Barcelona?
- > More Barcelona articles