How much will you spend on hotels and meals in Barcelona?
Expect to Spend: Barcelona
Hotels in Barcelona are not the cheapest, but if you play your cards right, there are deals to be had. Basic hostals cost anywhere from €50 to €70 for a double, depending on location, renovation status, and whether or not the bathroom is shared. A three-star joint will run anywhere from €75 to €150 for a three-star joint.
Restaurants in Barcelona range significantly in price. Most restaurants serve a menu del dia, which is a great value. It offers four courses, including a glass of wine and coffee at dessert. One place we found had an unbelievably delicious four-course lunch special for €8. Another restaurant we visited, slightly swankier, cost €20 per person for dinner, and an aperitif was included in the price! So expect to spend €7 to €20.
And then there are the tapas bars. Popping in and out of tapas bars is a fun and cheap way to spend an evening. Most are standing room only. Tapas can be very cheap, as little as €2 per tapa. If you don't want to stand, some tapas bars offer sit-down areas with more expensive menus.
Similarly, cafés and bars, scattered about town, offer cheaper prices on food consumed standing at the bar. Everything from coffee to beer is cheaper standing up. Grabbing a coffee or a beer at the bar is the perfect way to fuel up before hitting the town in a few momentitos.
Related posts from our blog
- Barcelona: Local cheeses worth nibbling
- Barcelona: 5 bars in Barcelona not to be missed
- Barcelona: 3 amazing dessert spots in the city
- Barcelona eats: Where to grab breakfast and brunch
- Barcelona: Best bakeries for delicious cheap eats
Most popular hotels in Barcelona (by views)
Barcelona blog posts
- Amor in Barcelona: Budget hotels for romance to celebrate Sant Jordi Day
- Visiting Barcelona: Finding the best dates to save money and beat the crowds
- Craft beer in Barcelona: Breweries, festivals, bars and where to stay
- Cheapo Barcelona tip: Book a hotel in the city center to save time, money and stress
- Living like a local: Eating, walking, kissing and (not) tipping in Barcelona
- Barcelona hotels: The best budget choices for mom and daughter travel
- Barcelona: 3 affordable hotel options in the center city for quick trips
- Beaches, mountains, museums & hot springs: 5 winter escapes in Spain
- 9 reasons you need to check out Barcelona in 2014
- Affordable mountain escape from Barcelona: The Pyrenees