How much will you spend on hotels and meals in Barcelona?
Expect to Spend: Barcelona
Hotels in Barcelona are not the cheapest, but if you play your cards right, there are deals to be had. Basic hostals cost anywhere from €50 to €70 for a double, depending on location, renovation status, and whether or not the bathroom is shared. A three-star joint will run anywhere from €75 to €150 for a three-star joint.
Restaurants in Barcelona range significantly in price. Most restaurants serve a menu del dia, which is a great value. It offers four courses, including a glass of wine and coffee at dessert. One place we found had an unbelievably delicious four-course lunch special for €8. Another restaurant we visited, slightly swankier, cost €20 per person for dinner, and an aperitif was included in the price! So expect to spend €7 to €20.
And then there are the tapas bars. Popping in and out of tapas bars is a fun and cheap way to spend an evening. Most are standing room only. Tapas can be very cheap, as little as €2 per tapa. If you don't want to stand, some tapas bars offer sit-down areas with more expensive menus.
Similarly, cafés and bars, scattered about town, offer cheaper prices on food consumed standing at the bar. Everything from coffee to beer is cheaper standing up. Grabbing a coffee or a beer at the bar is the perfect way to fuel up before hitting the town in a few momentitos.
Related posts from our blog
- Barcelona: Local cheeses worth nibbling
- Barcelona: 5 bars in Barcelona not to be missed
- Barcelona: 3 amazing dessert spots in the city
- Barcelona eats: Where to grab breakfast and brunch
- Barcelona: Best bakeries for delicious cheap eats
All hotel reviews
- Barcelona Budget Tips
- Barcelona Car Rentals
- Barcelona Day Trips
- Barcelona Hotel Overview
- Barcelona: Top 10 Attractions
- Barcelona: When to go
- Budget Accommodation in Barcelona
- Choosing a Neighborhood in Barcelona
- Expect to Spend: Barcelona
- FAQ: General Barcelona hotel questions
- FAQ: Questions about Barcelona hotels
- FAQ: Questions about hotel bathrooms
- FAQ: Questions about hotel rooms in Barcelona
- FAQ: Questions about visiting Barcelona
- Getting Around Barcelona
- Getting Into Barcelona
- Hostels and Cheap Accommodation in Barcelona
- Our Favorite Cheap Hotels in Barcelona
- Reading Up on Barcelona
- Reviewing Barcelona
- Riding the Bus in Barcelona
- Taxis in Barcelona
- The Barcelona Metro
- What's for breakfast in Barcelona?
- > More Barcelona articles
From our Barcelona blog
Knowing a little Spanish or Catalan can come in handy during a trip to Barcelona. While it’s true that most customer service folks in the city center and at major attractions will speak some English, speaking at le ... read
Tapas are a celebrated and essential part of eating in Spain, and Barcelona is no exception. These snack-sized foods can be eaten hot or cold and can range from a serving of Serrano ham to a dish of codfish croquettes. T ... read