Here's a quick (vroom!) guide about the pros and cons of renting a car in Bruges, Belgium.
Car Rentals in Bruges
Why rent a car in Bruges?
We don't recommend renting a car in Bruges if you plan to remain in the city center during your stay.
If you do require a car, just be wary of parking charges in garages in the city center, which typically start at €12 a day and can get much higher. The cheapest car park is available at the train station, where a free shuttle service will transport you to the city center.
However, for day trips to Brussels or Ghent, a rental car is the way to go.
How do you rent a car in Bruges?
To find the cheapest rental car prices, we recommend Auto Europe. EuroCheapo has partnered with Auto Europe to offer the guaranteed cheapest prices on rental cars in Bruges and Belgium. (Read more about cheap rental cars in Europe.)
Some rental car packages include unlimited kilometers while others don't. Some have insurance against theft or collision; again, others don't. Be sure to ask. Generally, be sure to get the details regarding insurance and accidents, as plans vary. Sometimes paying cash makes a difference in insurance coverage. An International Driver's License is recommended. For more information, visit the IDL (International Driver's License) web site.
To view car rental rates in Bruges for a specific date, click here.
Popular hotels in Bruges (by views)
Bruges blog posts
- Bruges on a Budget: The perfect weekend itinerary
- Holland and Belgium: Consider smaller destinations beyond the capitals
- 3 Rail Tips for 2013: Consider regional passes, return tickets and stopovers
- From Britain to the Continent: North Sea Ferries
- Amsterdam Bike Tours: 5 tours with fun themes
- The Cheapo 100: Our favorite budget hotels in Europe
- French Train Sale: Cheap train tickets from Paris this summer (reserve before June 30)
- Travel Planning: Five tips for finding a cheap hotel during summer
- Oscar Nominated Films in Europe!
- Bruges cheap souvenir: Lace