The urban gem of the Côte d'Azur, Nice is a beach town with culture to spare. Nice is relatively affordable and considerably less expensive than Cannes or Monte-Carlo. Still, this is the south of France, where the cost index is not generally budget-friendly.
Nice City Guide Introduction
While Nice may be defined by its inviting beaches, it's also a center of art and culture. The Marc Chagall and Matisse museums are superb, and St. Nicholas Church, a Russian Orthodox confection, is real treat. Artwork and worship aside, Nice is infused with its very own distinctive Mediterranean atmosphere. The city's dense, gorgeous old town streets, sexy promenade des Anglais and pleasantly social quai des Etats-Unis all make Nice irresistible. So enjoy a cool drink, order some bouillabaisse and slather on some sunblock. Nice is nice year-round.
Most popular hotels in Nice (by views)
Nice blog posts
- How to find and book slower trains in Europe
- Getting to Know France’s Gard Region
- Paris: The guide to moving to France?
- FLASH: France: TGV summer sale, first-class fares €35
- Nice, France: Give Nice a chance!
- European Tourism Outlook: Summer 2011
- Europe: 5 daytime rail journeys to consider
- New trains, new routes: exploring Europe by rail in 2011
- The Cheapo 100: Our favorite budget hotels in Europe
- Menton, France: A Riviera gem