Important Note. Hotel rates vary drastically throughout the year according to the festivals calendar. Traditionally, July and August are the least expensive months for hotels in Thessaloniki. The city's Annual Trade Fair, held every September, is the most expensive time to visit Thessaloniki.
Four Cheap Hotels in Thessaloniki
63 Ionos Dragoumi Street
Double room: €52-€77
Pella Hotel has an easy, breezy, island feel despite being in the heart of the city.
21 Mitropoleos Street
Double room: €65-€95
Tourist Hotel is especially charming for a budget hotel, with all sorts of Old World touches.
81 Ionos Dragoumi Street
Double room: €68-€105
Expect neutral tones and Asian-influenced art at this hotel, and enjoy park and city views from room balconies.
41 Angellaki Street / Syndrivaniou Square
Double room: €91-€143
Simple, tasteful midrange hotel with a casual yet refined vibe.
EuroCheapo's Mini-Guide to Thessaloniki
Most popular hotels in Athens (by views)
Athens blog posts
- By Rail through the Balkans in 2013
- To Visit or Stay Away: The Greece Question
- European Rail Services: Big changes in Greece
- Why Travel to Macedonia? The Macedonian Question
- European Tourism Outlook: Summer 2011
- European Rail Strike Update: Which trains are affected?
- Athens: Parks and gardens for some good, green fun
- Across Europe by Bus: Eurolines and other bus options
- Athens: Visit the new Acropolis Museum for €1
- Athens tip: Five free podcasts